Re: GNOME: lack of strategic roadmap

OnOn Thu, 2010-02-25 at 09:26 -0500, Richard Stallman wrote:

> A free computing environment is always better than proprietary
> alternatives.  It is better ethically and socially, because of
> freedom.  Of course, we would like to make it better in practical ways
> too.  But we should not treat freedom as a secondary goal.

The main GNOME project goal is delivering a free desktop to our users.
It is in our DNA, is what we are trying to do all the time. We don't
forget about that, we can't !! ;)

This thread is about how can we set a strategic roadmap. It is more
about innovation vs stability. We are doing pretty well on the stability
side with our six-months cycle schedule. We are even adding some
innovation, but we must find a way to set long term ambicious goals and
set a plan for accomplising in all its extension. GNOME 3 looks like the
best strategic movement since long time ago. I'm excited about it ;). We
must go forward.

best regards,

  -- Juanjo Marín