Re: Temporaray enlargement of the GNOME Board with 3 persons

Hi,

David Neary wrote:
Hi,

Andreas J. Guelzow wrote:
So, the board can decide how many people it wants to have elected and
then it can add an arbitrary number of additional members after the
election. Why do we have elections in the first place?

The board must have at least 7 people. Aside from that, your summary is
correct. But then, we're supposed to trust our board members at election
time - that's why we vote for them, isn't it? :)

Seriously - the board will not abuse this, but co-opting members onto
the board to handle workload is a common occurrence - as is setting up
empowered sub-committees.

Will the new members have full voting rights on the board? I'm not sure I really mind either way given my previous experiences on the board, but I think we need to be careful about this since we're setting a precedent here.

Glynn