Re: Temporaray enlargement of the GNOME Board with 3 persons

On 06/06/06, Dominic Lachowicz <domlachowicz gmail com> wrote:
> Well, I think it should be three people.  Those two guys, and me :)
>
> Seriously though, you can't arbitrarilly pick two people and not expect
> everyone else to be arbitrarilly picked.

It doesn't seem to be entirely arbitrary. The 3 "appointees" were the
next 3 highest vote-getters in the 2005 elections.

http://foundation.gnome.org/vote/results.php?election_id=2

Of course, the results of the elections may have been quite different
if Luis didn't stand, and each member had two more votes to cover the
additional seats.

If this sort of thing is likely to happen again, it might be worth
switching to a preferential voting system where we'd have all the
information to see what the result would be if a candidate was removed
or the number of seats increased.

Dispite this, I am sure that Behdad and German would make good
additions to the board.

James.