Re: Temporaray enlargement of the GNOME Board with 3 persons

On Mon, 2006-06-05 at 20:54, David Neary wrote:
> Hi Andrew,...
> No - the referendum last year was non-binding (as mentioned afterwards
> by Dom, I think). The board has the power to decide before the elections
> each year how many seats will be available.

Having only recently had a referendum on this (or at least a closely
related issue, e.g. the size of the Board), I think that if the Board
wants to retain the goodwill and trust of the electorate it should abide
by the referendum results.

A key argument in favor of the "reduce the size of the Board" referendum
was that it would be accompanied by expanded delegation and the
formation of subcommittees/action groups etc. to which tasks would be
delegated by the Board.  Let's do it!

Bill