Re: Temporaray enlargement of the GNOME Board with 3 persons
- From: David Neary <dneary free fr>
- To: "Andreas J. Guelzow" <aguelzow taliesin ca>
- Cc: foundation-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Temporaray enlargement of the GNOME Board with 3 persons
- Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 21:54:02 +0200
Andreas J. Guelzow wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-05-06 at 13:21 -0400, Dominic Lachowicz wrote:
>> "New seats on the board may be made available as the project grows,
>> subject to approval by the board or referendum of the membership."
>> "Between elections, board vacancies or new board slots shall be filled
>> by appointment by the board of directors."
> This is different from temporarily appointing 2 additional members. Of
> course the board can add new seats, but they will then be permanent
> until (again?) removed via a referendum.
No - the referendum last year was non-binding (as mentioned afterwards
by Dom, I think). The board has the power to decide before the elections
each year how many seats will be available.
bolsh gimp org
] [Thread Prev