Re: Changing the name of GUADEC
- From: Bill Haneman <Bill Haneman Sun COM>
- To: Quim Gil <qgil interactors coop>
- Cc: Dave Neary <dneary free fr>, Guadec planning mailing list <guadec-planning gnome org>, Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller <uraeus linuxrising org>, Foundation-List <foundation-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Changing the name of GUADEC
- Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 14:06:21 +0100
Quim Gil wrote:
The only conflict I see is the "E" of "European".
Tilt it on its side and it's fine, "W" for world.
I like GUADEC too, I think we risk losing some recognition/mindshare by
changing. And once you hear the name, you never forget it.
I would solve the
conflict by forgetting the meaning of the acronym, moving to "Guadec"
and explaining somewhere the ethimology of the word, for minorities'
] [Thread Prev