Re: Changing the name of GUADEC
- From: Dave Neary <dneary free fr>
- To: Vincent Untz <vuntz gnome org>
- Cc: danilo gnome org, Guadec planning mailing list <guadec-planning gnome org>, Foundation-List <foundation-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Changing the name of GUADEC
- Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 10:51:33 +0200
Vincent Untz a écrit :
To answer Dave: I like GUADEC (more than GConf, to be honest). But look
at various other conferences: is their name easily "understandable"?
I don't think it's more understandable than GUADEC, but once you know
what it means, you remember it.
All have a clear link to conference/expo/day, and in some way evoke what
On the other hand, some geek conferences have really bad names that have
stuck (and some of them even do quite well)
RMLL (although it's now better known as the Libre Software Meeting)
(and for the record, aKademy is a better name than GUADEC).
I was talking to Glynn Foster last night on IRC, and he said that one of
the main reasons for GUADEC was outreach - getting new people to GNOME.
And that changing the style and content of the conference was more
important than changing the name. I agree, but I think that the name
doesn't help towards that goal. It's more of a hindrance than a help. So
why not change it?
bolsh gimp org
] [Thread Prev