Re: Yes to Publicity! Not to Anonimity! Was: Re: GNOME Foundation Annual Elections - proposal

On Tue, 2003-09-16 at 14:30, Glynn Foster wrote:
> Hey,
>
> > It's hard to expect more. The proposition was announced on Friday and not
> > a lot of people read mail during weekend.
>
> And how many people will not reply simply because they agree to the
> proposal? I think you'll find more people publically disagreeing than
> agreeing.

And many people may not voice their opposition since they will be
repeatedly asked to state their accusations against the board/election
committee when in fact they are only objecting to the change since it
may open the election to potential abuses.

In fact it was the proponents of the change that brought up the small
number of replies to that date. Perhaps they should read their own
response: "It's hard to expect more. The proposition was announced on
Friday and not a lot of people read mail during weekend."

I would definitely agree though that we'll "find more people publically
disagreeing than agreeing", especially considering the undesirability of
the proposal.  ;-)

Andreas