Re: Yes to Publicity! Not to Anonimity! Was: Re: GNOME Foundation Annual Elections - proposal

On Sun, 2003-09-14 at 01:13, Sergey Panov wrote:
> I am sorry, but that argument would have been appropriate in the high
> school cheerleader's club council. I hope people in the GNOME foundation
> are responsible adults.

While I may trust the foundation membership, the results are public to
everyone, whether they're a member or not.  It could be spun up into a
big slashdot-like thing if someone discovered a high-profile member did
or did not vote for somebody.

I don't know if that's a totally realistic problem or not, but pressure
on voting is something I have witnessed in others and it's worth
considering.

And while I think that anonymous voting is probably a good thing, I'd
register my objection to the proposal on a petition to force a
referendum and allow the membership to decide.

Joe