Re: Yes to Publicity! Not to Anonimit! Was: Re: GNOME Foundation Annual Elections - proposal

On Sun, 2003-09-14 at 06:54, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Andreas J. Guelzow">
>
> > I may be wrong, but isn't the election committee appointed by the board?
> > So, effectively,...
>
> That's a fairly strong accusation.

What accusation? You did remove the reference with respect to which I
made this statement, but we were discussing a change in the voting
system and I was raising the issue of trust . I had said that the
election is effectively supervised by the current powers. That had been
denied by a statement that the members of the election committee are on
the board. I was pointing out that since they are appointed by the board
the power effectively lies with the board.

Do not imply that I made accusations against any group when all we are
discussing is the potential issues of trust under a proposed change to
the board elections.

If that change of course gets approved we will probably start to see
many real questions and accusations.

> Are you unhappy with the current
> Elections Committee?

The current election committee operates under transparent election rules
and procedures. I have no reason to be unhappy with it.

I do have a problem with an attempt to throw a cloak of secrecy over the
election.

Andreas