Re: Display bigger version of a photo on a tooltip

Hello.

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 2:33 PM, Steve Dobson
<steve dobson syscall org uk> wrote:

>  Now you have discovered an "advanced" feature which improves the way you
>  can use the tool and now feel "stupid" in not knowing about it from the
>  get-go.  That isn't stupidity your feeling, that's education.  That's
>  how you go from being a newbie to an advanced user.
>
>  With this new advanced knowledge you come up with a way were this
>  advanced feature could be available to a newbie from the get-go.  There
>  is only one problem with it: it isn't advantageous to all workflows.

You keep on saying that, but you never say, when it is
not advantegeous.

>  As
>  you admit that my workflow is just as valid as your own why should your
>  preferences overrule mine?

Same is true for the other way around.

>  My solution is that this feature should be configurable, and the
>  following four (minimum) options should be available:

four? For such an option? I truely think, that this is TOO MUCH.

>  2). Enlarge with mouse over plus 'v'.  My preferred way as the feature
>  is there if you want it.  I would also argue that this should be the
>  default as it the way F-Spot currently works.

If something's changed, then that should be the way to go.

What I'm interested in, is why you're opposing the feature
request. If you just don't hover, you simply won't use the
new feature. So what's the problem?

Michael