Re: Display bigger version of a photo on a tooltip

Michael

On Tue, 2008-03-11 at 11:59 +0100, Michael Schmarck wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 11:42 AM, Steve Dobson
> <steve dobson syscall org uk> wrote:
> >  No.  As I said that to be consistent you'd have to show all the keyboard
> >  shortcuts available,
>
> Yes, you said this. But why are you saying this? As far as I understood
> David, he did not suggest to show the keyboard shortcuts. I agree
> with you, Steve, that showing the keyboard shortcuts in a pop-up would
> not be a good idea

My apologies to both you and David, I was mistaken.  A pop-up larger
thumbnail is a much better idea.  However, I'm still not sure I would
like it, but I am prepared to change my mind.

The reasons for not wanting it are broadly the same, pop-up can be
distracting.  I tend to use F-Spot with the thumbnails quite large
(almost the 'v' popup size), therefore David's suggestion would not add
much.  I get enough detail that I can choose those photos I want to look
at in more detail in slideshow mode.

However, if I do reduce the thumbnails then David's feature becomes very
useful.

But on the third hand holding down the 'v' key gives you David's
functionality if *and* *only* *if* you want it.  So my vote is still to
maintain the status quo.

Steve