Re: Display bigger version of a photo on a tooltip

Michael

On Tue, 2008-03-11 at 15:06 +0100, Michael Schmarck wrote:
<snip>
> On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 2:33 PM, Steve Dobson
> <steve dobson syscall org uk> wrote:
> >  With this new advanced knowledge you come up with a way were this
> >  advanced feature could be available to a newbie from the get-go.  There
> >  is only one problem with it: it isn't advantageous to all workflows.
>
> You keep on saying that, but you never say, when it is
> not advantegeous.

Sorry didn't think of this before.

You can use F-Spot as a drag source to drag an icon of your photo into
an image editor (like The Gimp or Krita) when you want to edit it in
away not supported by F-Spot.  I also find that it is much much easier
to import an image as a new layer (in both The Gimp and Krita) using
drag and drop.  I don't do this often, but I do used it.  And you can't
right click and select Kitra from F-Spot, at least it isn't an option on
my Debian system, it's not a Gnome app but a KDE one.

Of course David's auto zoom on mouse over would completely disable the
drag and drop functionality.  For this reason (and this reason alone) I
can see the development team never implementing David's suggestion
because that functionality is useful at all thumbnail sizes.

Steve