Re: Sorting photos

jason switzer wrote:

I don't want to remove them from where they were initially becuase where I keep them is backed up on a regular basis and is considered stable storage. The hard-drive on the machine in which my user account is stored is not to be considered stable as it may be erased or damaged at a moment's notice with no backups ever made.

Just as a side-note, you can tell f-spot to store it's imported photos in any location you like. There may be other good reasons to not let f-spot manage your photos, but not wanting the files to be stored on your home directory isn't one of them.

Warren