Re: Sorting photos

On 3/27/07, Warren Baird <photogeekmtl gmail com> wrote:
Just as a side-note, you can tell f-spot to store it's imported photos
in any location you like.   There may be other good reasons to not let
f-spot manage your photos, but not wanting the files to be stored on
your home directory isn't one of them.

You're right there, but I have a location and organization already setup to dump all of my photos. In some instances, I have a windows or mac machine drop them on the network drive and they won't be using F-Spot. Being able to keep my photos in their already designed order is important to me.

I shouldn't have to import my folders to apply tags. If I'm willing to wait for it to scan the folder or load any prefetched data on a per-folder basis, then F-Spot should accomodate. After all, there is a --view option that lets F-Spot just view the images, why is there no way to tag and sort without the whole import process?

-Jason