Re: Sorting photos

* David Stahl <othernerd gmail com>:
> > And it would make me quite dependant on f-spot (not that I intend to
> > switch), so the sorting with folders would be better.
> > Looks like f-spot can't do that yet, so I'll make  a feature
> > request. "Arrange by folder" simply needs to work a little better
> > and marking several files without using Ctrl would be really useful
> > as well.
>
> How do you use (or plan on using) F-Spot? When I first started using
> it, I hated the copy thing, but I just gave in and let it re-organize
> it and I'm pretty happy with it.
>
> Do you sort by folders because you only want to view the contents of
> one folder at a time and not have to worry about the adjacent photos?
> Some kind of privacy thing?

Well, I'm probably going to keep my pictures where they are (f-spot
saves modified photos quite nicely with a different name).
I just want to use F-Spot to publish pictures (gallery) and to get a
better overview over my collection.
I'm going to stay with my folder-structure, as it severed me well the
last couple of years. But folders aren't exactly well supported right
now... :)

--
Fridtjof Busse