Re: Sorting photos

26/03/2007 20:28 -0400, David Stahl wrote:

> jason switzer wrote:
> > worth of images, something like 3500 pictures. I have them structured in
> FolderA\
> 	FolderB\
> 		img1.jpg
> 	img2.jpg
>
> Importing this would create two tags "FolderA" and "FolderB" and both of
> which would apply to img1.jpg. img2.jpg would only have "FolderA" as a tag.

And what does it mean "img1.jpg"? If I get a photo from my collection I
get date and subject of photosession just from filename (and in
russian :). F-spot can not rename images, can it? I need f-spot to work
with my file stucture, and let me tag my photos in addition to such file
structure, let me make a virtual structures over existing one. Folder
structure like "Year/Month/Day" is a good idea, but I need a meaningful
filename for my image, not like "DSC_9999.NEF". And don't forget that
photographers like to use RAW images more then JPEG:)