Re: Sorting photos

jason switzer wrote:
I shouldn't have to import my folders to apply tags. If I'm willing to wait for it to scan the folder or load any prefetched data on a per-folder basis, then F-Spot should accomodate. After all, there is a --view option that lets F-Spot just view the images, why is there no way to tag and sort without the whole import process?

well - you can tag and sort your photos at any time. However, if you want all of the photos in a particular folder to get the same set of tags, the easiest way to do it is import a folder at a time, and assign the tags while importing.

I believe that xmp sidecars are still supported when importing, so another approach would be to write a script in your favorite language to generate xmp sidecar files for all of your files that have the appropriate tags in them.

I used a similar approach to import photos from iPhoto with all of the metadata.

Warren