Re: [Evolution] Failing to connect to Office365 account with MFA

On Wed, 2021-09-01 at 21:56 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
On Wed, 2021-09-01 at 20:14 +0200, Vincent Hennebert via evolution-
list
wrote:
Although as indicated in my other message, that’s where DavMail
seems
to be diverging in the authentication process,
using https://login.microsoftonline.com/login.srf instead.

I do not know why they do it. The evolution-ews follows some
documentation page I cannot find right now. I'm afraid they archived
the old OAuth2 page and hid it from the world. Microsoft has multiple
different OAuth2 end points, each works differently and is used for
different purpose.

Just in case, what is the host URL you use? It should be:
https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx

Yes, that’s the URL I use, everything else left empty as well apart
from the Tenant and Application IDs.

I have configured an account with it, my own Application ID and my
own
Tenant ID (all the other OAuth2 options are empty/in their default)
and
it all works just fine. I tried even with a new account. Using the
same
version as you (evolution-data-server-3.40.4-1.fc34.x86_64,
evolution-3.40.4-1.fc34.x86_64, evolution-ews-3.40.4-1.fc34.x86_64).
The OAuth2 debug log shows the same request to
/tenant_id/oauth2/token
as you provided, which returns just "200 OK". I do not see what could
break on your side, that it prevents it to work.

I know nothing about OAuth2 except maybe the name but, is there any
more debug data I can provide from Evolution or DavMail that could help
pinpoint the issue?

One precision I must add to my first message: the authentication was
failing too in the same way before I changed my password, but I found
that I could just ignore it by pressing Escape and Evolution would
proceed downloading my email and calendar event. That’s how I realised
that I could ignore the whole authentication process altogether. But
that stopped working after I changed my password.

Vincent