Re: [Evolution] Evolution Mail and Office365 MFA

On 2021-08-26 11:49, Sorin Srbu via evolution-list wrote:
On Thu, 2021-08-26 at 09:48 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
I was kinda' wondering if anybody on this list is in the same position
and
would like to hear about your own experiences wrt Evolution and
Office365/MFA.

Evolution works fine with Office365 & MFA.  There's even a Wiki page
about it.

https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwiki.gnome.org%2FApps%2FEvolution%2FEWS%2FOAuth2&data=04%7C01%7Csorin.srbu%40ki.se%7C80820f1d84384ae9853408d9686e4394%7Cbff7eef1cf4b4f32be3da1dda043c05d%7C0%7C0%7C637655645654495528%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&sdata=DdVEKBZodCVByLbvCKK1TMi8q%2Bh3YXiEtSR2FCodE5Y%3D&reserved=0

although this goes into a lot of detail, my experience is that it just
works if you configure Evolution to use Office365 OAuth2.  However,
this may be dependent on which version of Evolution you use, so if you
need help you must include that information.

Cool, thanks!Will take a closer look.

So, the dreaded day has come, and the IT-dept has enforced MFA for our
mail accounts.
Evolution Mail stopped working, more or less as expected.

The guide with tenant and app IDs is unfortunately unusable for me, as
the admins won't supply me with the needed IDs.

For all intents and purposes, currently Evolution is dead for me.
I've spent this morning with setting up Thunderbird and paid for the Owl
addon. IT lets me download the mail.
The calendar works so-so with Lightning and tbsync; I can see my own
personal calendar but not the shared ones I also need. I can possibly
tweak this with Davmail, but it's pretty hazy right now.

--
//Sorin Srbu, Serverdrift
Tele: 08-524 84166

När du skickar e-post till Karolinska Institutet (KI) innebär detta att KI kommer att behandla dina
personuppgifter. Här finns information om hur KI behandlar
personuppgifter<https://ki.se/medarbetare/integritetsskyddspolicy>.

Sending email to Karolinska Institutet (KI) will result in KI processing your personal data. You can read
more about KI’s processing of personal data here<https://ki.se/en/staff/data-protection-policy>.