Re: [Evolution] Failing to connect to Office365 account with MFA

On Wed, 2021-09-01 at 20:14 +0200, Vincent Hennebert via evolution-list
wrote:
Yes, in that POST request it uses the tenant ID when I specify it and
‘common’ otherwise. Are you saying that I should try specifying the
tenant ID but override it with ‘common’ in that POST request?
How would I do that?

        Hi,
no, it cannot be done, the tenant ID is used consistently for all
OAuth2 requests against the Microsoft servers.

Although as indicated in my other message, that’s where DavMail seems
to be diverging in the authentication process,
using https://login.microsoftonline.com/login.srf instead.

I do not know why they do it. The evolution-ews follows some
documentation page I cannot find right now. I'm afraid they archived
the old OAuth2 page and hid it from the world. Microsoft has multiple
different OAuth2 end points, each works differently and is used for
different purpose.

Just in case, what is the host URL you use? It should be:
https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx

I have configured an account with it, my own Application ID and my own
Tenant ID (all the other OAuth2 options are empty/in their default) and
it all works just fine. I tried even with a new account. Using the same
version as you (evolution-data-server-3.40.4-1.fc34.x86_64,
evolution-3.40.4-1.fc34.x86_64, evolution-ews-3.40.4-1.fc34.x86_64).
The OAuth2 debug log shows the same request to /tenant_id/oauth2/token
as you provided, which returns just "200 OK". I do not see what could
break on your side, that it prevents it to work.
        Bye,
        Milan