From: Milan Crha via evolution-list <evolution-list gnome org>
To: evolution-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Address Book not Restoring
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2020 09:22:55 +0200

On Wed, 2020-09-02 at 14:48 -0500, BC via evolution-list wrote:
Solved.  Simply required a reboot, which was a bit odd because I got
the same message about sessionmanager and dbus, but after 30 seconds
it rebooted.  Opened Evolution, there was all of my contacts and no
duplicates.

        Hi,
that's weird, it should not be needed, unless you restored from backup
somehow manually and did not restart the background processes
(previously mentioned "evolution --force-shutdown"), or when the in-
Evolution restore failed to restart those processes. When talking about
it, there was some issue about it in the past.

I've been afraid you've mixed the host Evolution with a Flatpak version
(which happens too easily these days on some distributions), but I see
it's not the case, which is for good.

I looked for a place to donate money to the Evolution project on the
gnome project page, but didn't see one.  Is there a link where I can
donate?

The Evolution project doesn't have any such thing, only GNOME itself
has it [1], though what happens to the money you'd send there I do not
know. I mean, they'd surely not end in the Evolution "pool" (because
there is no such "pool").
        Bye,
        Milan

[1] https://www.gnome.org/support-gnome/