[Evolution] Address Book not Restoring

I've been using Evolution for years on Debian and loved it; thanks for making a wonderful email client.

I decided to switch to MX Linux today, since after I upgraded Debian with Gnome I kept having little buggy problems. I had a fresh backup that I restored to a freshly installed Evolution on MX Linux. Restore went perfectly, except no contacts. Not only no contacts, but I cannot even import older vcf files or csv files into it. (My linux skills are rudimentary.)

Please tell me there is a way to get my contacts back from the backup file? : )

Thanks.
--

Barry