From: Milan Crha via evolution-list <evolution-list gnome org>
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Address Book not Restoring
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2020 09:05:31 +0200

On Tue, 2020-09-01 at 22:05 -0500, BC wrote:
I ran this:

sqlite3~/media/me/Backup/EvolutionDataandFirefoxProfileBackup/address
book/system/contacts.db \ ”SELECT vcard FROM folder_id”>contacts.ics

	Hi,
your other mail indicates you run the command as root. Do not do that,
run it as a regular user.

I got this:

Error:
unable to open database
"/root/media/me/Backup/EvolutionDataandFirefoxProfileBackup/addressbo
ok/system/contacts.db":
unable to open database file--

I guess it fails to find the file, or it has bad privileges (though you
seem to be the root user), or it is anyhow corrupt. You can try:

   $ cd /root/media/me/Backup/EvolutionDataandFirefoxProfileBackup/addressbook/system/
   $ sqlite3 ./contacts.db ”SELECT vcard FROM folder_id”>contacts.ics

I'm at a complete loss. Can I just SEND you the db file, which is a
little over 1.1mb and let you send me back the ICS FILE???

That contains all your contacts, thus a lot of private information. I
can extract it and make it a .vcf file, sure (supposing the file is not
corrupt), just compress it with some high ratio, to save some
bandwidth, and send it only to me.

By the way, Ctrl+L replies to the list, when the message is from the
list, which is preferred by me (you use Reply to All). This list also
prefers plain text mails (your ever-changing fonts are kind of hard to
read), and as the last, but not least, the top posting is considered
bad here as well. Do inline comments within the quoted parts and delete
everything unrelated, as I did above. Just saying, as a side note.
	Bye,
	Milan