Re: [Evolution] [OT] Evolution setup

On Tue, 2020-08-18 at 19:09 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
as I was saying (incidentally why is my reply to this message not

word-wrapping when composing - lines are just going on forever in

both html and plain text mode - hopefully your client will be

wrapping the text)

HTML doesn't have a concept of line length.  A paragraph fills the

width of the page. That is not an Evolution issue, that is what HTML

does.

But my problem is precisely that it is not word wrapping at the page
width. And plain text was set to normal (default) not preformatted.

I see that there is a new html editor coming, so perhaps this is
another of those bugs complained of in a different thread. I'll wait
and see...

Plain text mode needs the format drop-down to be set to "Normal" to

wrap lines. "Preformat" is just that, it relies on you to format your

own text.