Re: [Evolution] Proposal: to eliminate the digest option for the Evolution mailing list

On Sun, 2017-03-19 at 02:34 -0600, Anton W. Schenker wrote:
I fail to understand the difficulties of setting up separate
mailboxes, (or mail folders), on ANY platform, but I set up my mail
filters server-side.

Hi,

I'm still not against disabling digest, I only want to explain the
difficulties.

I'm not aware of an iOS MUA that allows to filter to folders. Do you
know one?

The server-site is irrelevant when using POP accounts.

Now you might ask, why using iOS devices? I for example use an iPad,
because it's real-time capable and professional audio software is
available. At least Android doesn't provide the required real-time
capability, let alone professional audio software and AFAIK as well no
other OS for mobile devices does.

You also might ask, why using POP instead of IMAP. Speaking for me, I
want to locally store mails, to read them off-line, as well as having my
own mail archive. Offline IMAP for several reasons is no option. To keep
it short, POP is simply the easiest way to fulfil my needs.

However, missing filtering to folders IMO is no reason to prefer digest,
since sorting by threads is always available.

Btw. some areas, even in Western civilisation, still don't have good
Internet access. If somebody subscribed to this list, preferring digest
due to Internet access related issues, this person should chime in ;).

Regards,
Ralf