Re: [Evolution] how to move mails and configs to a new machine

On Tue, 2016-03-29 at 19:40 +0200, mario chiari wrote:
On Fri, 2016-03-25 at 00:09 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

On Fri, 2016-03-25 at 00:02 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:

I'd put it more strongly: if using a GUI (rather than a text
console)
Ok, it is OT for this list and shame on me for my ignorance, but what
is the difference console vs. GUI with respect to security?

A GUI is a much more complex piece of software that in turn controls
other complex pieces of software, many of which are doing things behind
your back. It's not that a console session can never go wrong, but you
are usually much more in control of it. Even when you need to run a
graphical program with root permissions, it's preferable to do it
manually from a console so the rest of the environment has only normal
user rights.

And of course NEVER run a web browser as root. I would hope that goes
without saying.

poc