Re: [Evolution] how to move mails and configs to a new machine

Hi Pete, All,

I am writing just to report I succeeded  to move my 9.5Gb mail archive
to my new machine. Thanks for your support.

Evo's internal Export did not work, most likely because I did not have
enough free space on the old machine.
What did work was to mount by nfs the old <home> directory on the new
machine, and just to copy over two directories:
<home>/.config/evolution and <home>/.local/share/evolution.  To copy
the latter took more than one hour. Everything was preserved: mails,
folders, accounts, filters.

Before to copy, I did try to pkill Evolution on both machines, but I am
not sure it really matters.

Thanks
Cheers
mario