Re: [Evolution] how to move mails and configs to a new machine

On Fri, 2016-03-25 at 00:09 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Fri, 2016-03-25 at 00:02 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:

I'd put it more strongly: if using a GUI (rather than a text console)

Ok, it is OT for this list and shame on me for my ignorance, but what
is the difference console vs. GUI with respect to security?

(clearly, I work with a windows system, although most often use a
gnome-terminal from therein)

thanks cheers
mario

you should *never* log in as root. If you need temporary root powers
for some admin task, use su or sudo from your normal user account.

poc