Re: [Evolution] how to move mails and configs to a new machine

Hi

thanks so much for the prompt reply.

On gio, 2016-03-24 at 15:32 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
I need to move my mails (several Gigas) and the different pieces of
configuration (accounts, filters, ..) to a new machine.

You can create a backup tar file from the 'File' menu ("Back up
Evolution Data") and then restore it on the new machine.

doing so, do I transfer everything (accounts, filters, folder
structure)?

Transferring your whole home directory will also transfer all the
Evolution data and settings - but that is only really useful if you
actually want all your home moved!

on the old machine, it seems I have
-- most Evolution stuff under the folder /root/.local/share/evolution
(198497 items, totalling 8,5 GB)
-- a further folder /root/.evolution with a few files (104 items,
totalling 8,2 MB), which I do not think it has been used (I do not
understand why they are there)

Make sure you aren't logged in to
your account

which account? do you mean I stop Evolution? on both machines?

look forward for your help
cheers
mario