Re: [Evolution] Annoyance with "next message" order

On Fri, 2015-03-20 at 15:18 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
I would have thought there is a case for saying that the tree
shouldn't be re-ordered whilst you remain in the folder.

I must admit that I find the re-ordering annoying in other circumstances
- when a new email is received, the thread will plummet to the bottom of
the tree or a branch in a thread will move around.  Not annoying enough
to do anything about it, but annoying though!

I would agree with these statements, but unrelated to threading. I use
labels and sort on them, and when I change the label on a message I'm
suddenly transported to another place in that mail box and need to go
hunting for where I was. I would much prefer it if the message I have
just labelled (or unlabelled) would stay where it is so that I can move
onto the next message (next to it) and only be sorted upon an explicit
command by me or (as implied by Pete) when I leave and re-enter that
mail box.

Is this kind of behaviour an option somewhere, or should I file an
enhancement request somewhere?

Craig