Re: [Evolution] Fwd: Mail in Evolution disappearing - mystery deepens

On Wed, 2015-12-02 at 22:33 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
---trimmed---
My isp has a 90 day limit that I did not know about.  The only
alternative is tw, and I doubt that the will be a big improvement.
I do think it is time to get better email hosting, which is
independent of the isp.

There shouldn't be any reason to restrict your mail provider to just
your ISP (unless they are real bastards and block access to other
places! In which case dump them.).  Gmail is a reasonable start and it
is integrated nicely with Evolution via Gnome online accounts -
although some of the ways they do things is a bit non-standard.

P.

I use Earthlink (POP protocol) at home with Time-Warner as ISP.  No
problems with evolution.  They are cheap (not free) and do not have
the nonstandard features of Gmail.  Maybe SPAM filtering is over-
aggressive.  I can't say whether they read your mail like Google
does, but at least I don't see ads based on my email content.

George Reeke