Re: [Evolution] bug during transition from V2 to V3

On Thu, 2014-04-17 at 13:18 +0200, Anglade Pierre-Matthieu wrote:

Except that I've lost my few (not very important) calendar
information.

        Hi,
[side note: top-posting is considered 'bad' on this mailing list]

You can import also calendars, check the content of the old version of
   ~/.local/share/evolution/calendar
alternatively
   ~/.evolution/calendar
where are stored local (On This Computer) calendars. The folders contain
calendar.ics file (I have one at
~/.local/share/evolution/calendar/system/
same as you). Import the file to whichever calendar you prefer and you
get the events back. Similar with local memos and tasks. There is a
little problem with attachments on events, if you use them.

- Import each old mailboxes

As I mentioned earlier, you could create a new "Standard Unix mbox spool
directory" mail account, pointing to the backed up content of your local
mails, or "Standard Unix mbox spool file", pointing to respective mbox
files, the same which you import, and then just drag & drop them to
whichever place you'd like. It might be slightly less clicks, I believe.

In any case, good it works for you again.
        Bye,
        Milan