Re: [Evolution] Exchange Server 2008

On Mon, 2013-08-19 at 11:59 +0200, Patryk Benderz wrote:
True. It might be good to try.
Good to see that you understand my point of view. Will there be, in
future, an optional field to input proxy address only for EWS accounts?

        Hi,
preferably if you could file a bug at
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=evolution-ews
and the best if you would be able to compile some test patches (though
see below).

 By the way, if I'm not mistaken, the EWS
has also its special public address to be reachable from the outer
network.
Yes I know, I have already connected through that address "pretending"
to be mobile phone client, but I would like to use intranet connection,
as it is much faster.

I'm afraid this is the EWS way of going through "proxy". I'd say ask the
admins and then decide based on their reply. They might tell you both
whether Outlook 2010 uses MAPI or EWS, and what the EWS connection point
is if you go through the proxy.
        Bye,
        Milan