Re: [Evolution] Big problems with evo

From: evolution-list-bounces gnome org [evolution-list-bounces gnome org] on behalf of Pete Biggs [pete biggs
org uk]
Sent: 22 March 2011 14:15
To: evolution-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Big problems with evo

Do you mean that I should edit the preferences deleting the IMAP
account or,

Yes, that's what Adam meant.

Deleting the account does not delete the
.local/share/evolution/mail/imap /_my_account_
Why?

 manually deleting the .local/share/evolution/mail/imap folder?

No, don't go around fiddling with folders that programs expect to remain
consistent.

See above.

 Where is the data stored in gconf? BTW: Why has evo setting to be in
two different places, .gconf and .local?

It has settings in gconf, data in .local - it is a consistent
separation.  And don't go round changing .gconf - use a gconf editor to
change things. (The .gconf folder hierarchy is a method of maintaining
state between login sessions and is re-written from the in-memory gconf
info when gconfd exits.)

Looks like  I have to use gconf-editor. Any hints on what to change?