Re: [Evolution] Big problems with evo

From: evolution-list-bounces gnome org [evolution-list-bounces gnome org] on behalf of Adam Tauno Williams
[awilliam whitemice org]
Sent: 22 March 2011 13:41
To: evolution-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Big problems with evo

When upgrading we should have been informed about this!!!

The user is, and upgrade dialog appears [at least I recall one; maybe
Ubuntu in their infinite user-experience wisdom disable it?]  It has
also been mentioned here over-and-over-and-over.

I'm om Debian, an I did not see anything related to this when upgrading. BTW: I looked at the log files and
found out that the upgrade was from 2.30.3-5 to 2.32.2-1

 Especially when my .evolution is on AFS and .local is not.
Additionally, evolution (more or less) freezes when the AFS ticket
expires, and no wen mails are received in a long time after .evolution
is made available again.  In my opinion it should not.

I think it is perfectly reasonable for the application to assume the
underlying file-system is consistently available.

It could maybe behave a little more graciously, like showing a big warning that the file system is no longer
available,  increase the interval between backup writing, etc.

Does
removing .local/share/evolution/mail/imap/my_mail_account/* help
(creating everything again)? Or are there some .gconf setting causing
the problems?

Start evolution as evolution --offline, delete the IMAP account, and
recreate it.  I've had to do that when *I* dorked evolution up by
fiddling around.  The account configuration is in gconf, so just
deleting stuff beneath the folder is not sufficient.

Do you mean that I should edit the preferences deleting the IMAP account or, manually deleting the
.local/share/evolution/mail/imap folder? Where is the data stored in gconf? BTW: Why has evo setting to be in
two differnt places, .gconf and .local?

I'm adding the quotations '>' manually, and the reply type is top posting: Microsoft Outlook Web App. How to
change settings until I'm back using evo??