Re: [Evolution] Big problems with evo

Start evolution as evolution --offline, delete the IMAP account, and
recreate it.  I've had to do that when *I* dorked evolution up by
fiddling around.  The account configuration is in gconf, so just
deleting stuff beneath the folder is not sufficient.

Do you mean that I should edit the preferences deleting the IMAP
account or,

Yes, that's what Adam meant.

 manually deleting the .local/share/evolution/mail/imap folder?

No, don't go around fiddling with folders that programs expect to remain
consistent.

 Where is the data stored in gconf? BTW: Why has evo setting to be in
two differnt places, .gconf and .local?

It has settings in gconf, data in .local - it is a consistent
separation.  And don't go round changing .gconf - use a gconf editor to
change things. (The .gconf folder hierarchy is a method of maintaining
state between login sessions and is re-written from the in-memory gconf
info when gconfd exits.)

P.