Re: [Evolution] Big problems with evo

I'll try to upgrade again. Can I safely remove the directory
.local/share/evolution/ before doing that, or is it as important as
,evolution?

Please, does anybody know the importance of the .local/share/evolution
files compared to .evolution? Can I safely remove that directory before
upgrading to 2.32.2-1?

Evo data is stored in .evolution prior to 2.30 - after that it is stored
in .local/share/evolution and .evolution is not used and should have
been deleted by the upgrade process.

If you are currently on 2.32.x and upgrading, then
removing .local/share/evolution will delete all your data.

If you aborted your previous upgrade half way through, then depending on
whether it had started deleting the contents of .evolution or not you
may or may not have everything there.

If you have a backup of your original .evolution that you had on the AFS
mounted filesystem, then probably the only way you can get a clean
upgrade is to restore it, then copy it to your local disk and take AFS
out of the picture during the upgrade.  You will obviously have to
remove .local/share/evolution otherwise nothing will be upgraded (since
Evo thinks it has already done the file upgrade process) - I don't know
if there is a gconf key that also prevents multiple upgrades.

P.