Re: [Evolution] Big problems with evo

On Mon, 2011-03-21 at 11:52 +0000, Svante R Signell wrote:
After Debian squeeze was released I continued to update the testing
distribution.
Suddenly evolution did not show any of IMAP files at all

By "files" I assume you mean messages?

and local folders were not visble.

"local folders"?  So you local folders disappeared as well as your IMAP
folders.

Downgrading to  evolution 2.30.3-5 did not solve the problem, still no
files in my IMAP INBOX folder, but at least the local folders are
visible.

Downgrading is a risky affair.  If you kept your config I'd wager it
won't work.

evo is constantly fetching the summary information from the imap
server and never completes:
Fetching summary information for new messages in INBOX (xx% complete)
and
Pinging IMAP server xx.yy.zzz (0% complete).

This seems like a connectivity issue.  Try running evolution like -

CAMEL_VERBOSE_DEBUG=1 evolution.

And see what it says?  Can you telnet to port 143 of your IMAP server?

Error messages printed out are:
evolution-mail-Message: Error occurred while existing dialogue active:
Incomplete server response: no information provided for message 1
and
(evolution:18019): camel-imap-provider-WARNING **: No information for
message 1
evolution-mail-Message: Error occurred while existing dialogue active:
Incomplete server response: no information provided for message 1
Evo works perfectly on other computers (with newer versions of evo)
connected to the same IMAP server.
Removing the folders.db file did not solve the problem.