Re: [Evolution] evolution exchange

On Sat, 2008-09-20 at 05:55 +0100, Alpár Jüttner wrote:
And then follow it up with "reply to considered useful":
  http://www.metasystema.net/essays/reply-to.mhtml

But you cannot forget the coupe de grace, "'Reply-To' Munging Still
Considered Harmful. Really."
http://woozle.org/~neale/papers/reply-to-still-harmful.html

This third essay should put and end to these kind of discussions,
indeed.

However the "features every reasonably modern mail client must provide"
mentioned in this debate are quite relevant to this list. Does Evolution
provide them? Namely,
      * can I "reply all"? (Yes, of course)
      * can I reply to one of the recipients by right clicking on the
        corresponding address field? (No, in this case I must "reply
        all" then remove the other addressees, which is sometimes no so
        easy.)

I'm not exactly sure what you  mean by "address field" here, but you can
left-click on any email address in the message, including the ones in
the headers, and Evo will open up a reply to that address.  You can also
right-click on any address and choose "Send message to..."

      * will Evolution identify the messages of the same ID? (probably
        not)

It doesn't seem so, which is unfortunate.  Maybe with the new
sqlite-based caches this is something Evo could do.  However, this is
becoming less critical as email servers like mailman have the ability to
do this cleanup themselves at the server side: they won't send emails to
list addresses that already appear "broken out" on the To or CC lines.
This list doesn't seem to be configured this way which is odd.

      * does Evolution handle the "List-Post:" header? (I don't know,
        hopefully yes)

I believe Evo has a full suite of support for all the List-* headers.
See the "Message -> Mailing List" menu.  And, C-l is a shortcut for
"Reply to List" which I'm pretty sure uses List-Post:.