Re: [Evolution] Slow Evolution - OWA - Evolution connector

On Thu, 2007-01-25 at 11:02 +0200, Hans van der Merwe wrote:
On Thu, 2007-01-25 at 09:49 +0100, Jules Colding wrote:
On Thu, 2007-01-25 at 09:59 +0800, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
On Wed, 2007-01-24 at 09:41 +0100, Jules Colding wrote:
OK, I'm obviously biased here but I have a test environment with 4000+
messages per folder and evolution-brutus can work with that with no
problems whatsoever.

Anyway, I'm responsive so if you decide to try out e-b than I'm here to
help.

I might just take you up on your offer. Just a few clarifiying questions
on top of what I've already asked previously.

OK.

E-b Needs to be installed into another local Windows PC somewhere on the
LAN.

No. Brutus Server needs to be installed on a Windows box somewhere on
the LAN. e-b is the client part. Brutus Server takes care of translating
whatever e-b says into native MAPI.

What kind of permissions do I have to have to get the Brutus server
connected to Exchange?

You shouldn't need any. Brutus is accessing the Exchange server just
like any other MAPI client. The only special requirements that you need
to grant is for the user that the "Brutus" service runs as. I've
attached the server README. It is sufficiently short not to upset the
list I hope...

Our IT dept will not fall for this and I'll have to setup it myself (as
user), this possible?

Yes, that should not give you any problems as long as you are able to
grant those privileges.

HTH,
  jules