Re: [Evolution] Re: Suggestions on how to work with Evolution UI effectively?

On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 17:19 -0700, Evolution List wrote:
Hi Mike,

Perhaps you have a much smaller number of folders than I:
        burner suppressingfire:~$ ls -d Maildir/.* | wc -l
        351
Even with nesting, that's still quite a lot...

Goodness gracious Mike!  May I ask what you need or use 351 folders for?
That's an awful lot of folders.  Just curious.

Mostly mailing lists, I guess. But I have procmail separate out an awful
lot of stuff, like receipts, sales, bills, other automated messages.
Since I receive so many a day (hundred(s)), that greatly reduces the
amount of work I have to do just to keep up, particularly when I don't
check it for a day or two (I can just ignore new messages on most
mailing lists, for example).

I mean I don't know, maybe that's not that unusual for big time email
users but I've never heard of anyone having that many folders.

Carlos