Re: [Evolution] Re: Suggestions on how to work with Evolution UI effectively?

On Sun, 2005-03-06 at 16:50 -0500, Michael R Head wrote:
On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 13:26 +0000, Bryan Cole wrote:
[snip]

Yes, I have a large number of such vFolders, but what I really
want is to see the new message in context with other messages
of the same folder along with the name of the folder. I receive
hundreds of emails a day on various mailing lists and to different
accounts which are sorted into a large number of folders. Dumping
new messages back in to a single viewing area drops a few extra
bits of information.

Without knowing that folder (and possibly seeing other messages
in that folder), I often have to thing for a second or two to
determine to which mailing list or mail account a particular
email in my New Mail vFolder was sent. On top of that, it's
easier to remember where a message is if you see where it lives,
which is key for future retrieval.

I'm confused about your problem, because I'm on about 5 lists
(debian-user being the highest volume), but don't have any problems
figuring out where things come from.  And I've disabled all vfolders.

Since each folder highlights it's new messages, and "." brings you
to Next Unread Message, there is no confusion, since I read all
the new messages from folder A, go to folder B, wash, rinse repeat.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

ACHTUNG - ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS
Das Machine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist
easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren musten keepen das cotten-pickenen hands
in das pockets - relaxen und watchen das blinkenlights.