Re: [Evolution] Evo 1.4.6 to Evo 2.2, SuSE to Ubuntu

On Sun, 2005-06-19 at 20:28, guenther wrote:

Guenther - Thanks once again for your response.

So you need to change the ownership of /home and grant proper
permissions to anyone else:

# chown root:root /home
# chmod 755 /home

I did this and now Evolution works fine! Thanks to you (and NotZed). You
da man!

Guenther, I apologize for being so clueless when I'm obliged to use a
CLI - I know it makes it harder to help me.

Please, read about these topics and the commands mentioned. Do
understand what the commands are about to do. Do not blindly try to use
them. It failed before...

Believe it or not, I actually try to read man pages, FAQs, wikis, books,
etc. I have been writing how-to manuals and designing and executing
training programs in non-computer-related subjects for more than 30
years and in two languages. The above resources - as wonderful as they
and their authors are - are largely incomprehensible to the non-techie
reader, especially me. Man pages inevitably leave me confused and
frustrated rather than enlightened. So, your patience in helping me is
greatly appreciated.

Kelly

--
Kelly J. Morris <kjmlists comcast net>