[Evolution] Evo 1.4.6 to Evo 2.2, SuSE to Ubuntu

Greetings - I have Evolution 1.4.6 on my desktop with SuSe Pro 9.0. My
laptop has Ubuntu 5.10 with Evolution 2.2. I would like to copy my
/home/kelly/evolution files with all my accounts, settings, etc. to the
laptop.

Can I just copy-and-paste /home/kelly/evolution from SuSE to Ubuntu? Do
I need to run setup on Evo 2.2 first, thereby creating
/home/kelly/evolution in Ubuntu, and then copy-and-replace?

I would appreciate any guidance.  TIA

--
Kelly J. Morris <kjmlists comcast net>