Re: [Evolution] Disable header changing in IMAP?

On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 17:20 -0400, Michael C. Neel wrote:

sure you might, since presumably you are getting dups unrelated to
anything in Evolution itself unless the filters you created in Evolution
are duplicating the messages (which would mean you set them up wrongly,
not that they are broken).

As I've said it happens only with Evolution running.  It does not
happen with Outlook Express.  I have one pop filter running on the
local inbox, which isn't doing anything with the imap account.

well, this presumably takes place on the server, so is not an issue at
all with Evolution's IMAP cache.

SpamBayes does not run on the server...

 so when spambayes completes and runs a purge the message is not
purged.

If this theory is even close to being true, then your server-side
filtering solution is broken and has nothing to do with Evolution.

SpamBayes is not serverside.  Again, NIH so I'm sure you didn't even
take a moment to see what spambayes is.  spambayes.sf.net

I know what spambayes is.

Quick list of imap filtering:

1. Download message, make it as deleted
2. Check message for spam clues, place results in headers
3. Upload checked version to server
4. Purge deleted message

give me the actual rules. not the made-up-my-own-syntax rules that don't
correspond to any evolution filter rules.

Somehow, only when evolution is open, the deleted copy becomes
undeleted.  Then purge does nothing.

yea, because like I said - odds are you setup your filters improperly to
duplicate messages.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Stedfast