Re: [Evolution] Disable header changing in IMAP?

On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 14:41, Michael C. Neel wrote:
On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 00:15, Not Zed wrote:
Are you talking about messages from the ximiaOn Tue, 2004-05-25 at
23:36 -0400, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

No, these are regular messages.  My emails now contain a header,
X-Evolution-Source, which I think it's safe to say isn't from my Cyrus
IMAP server =).  The IMAP protocol AFAIK doesn't allow for you to
change a message on the server, so to add a header you must create a
copy and remove the original.

Why do you think these are on the imap server at all?

The X-Evolution-Source: header is tagged onto the message when you view
it in evolution - it only exists in the internal version being read.  It
is not written back to the imap server (not sure what happens if you
copy messages).

        Nigel.