Re: [Evolution] Need some help (I Got IT!!!)

On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 16:12 +0100, D. D. Brierton wrote:

On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 15:54, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 09:48, D. D. Brierton wrote:
> > On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 15:28, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
> >
> > > while the mailer hackers agree with you, we were overruled by the mass
> > > of users who demanded this feature. So, this is pretty much moot.
> >
> > But I thought Evolution 1.5.x/2.x just gave you a front-end to sa-learn?
> > In which case Evolution isn't implementing its own Bayesian filtering,
> > it's just giving you a nice interface to Spamassassin's Bayesian
> > filtering. Have I misunderstood how it works?
>
> no, you're right. it just forks/execs sa-learn and spamc and whatever
> else.

So, if like Tonni and me you have Spamassassin and Postfix already
working nicely together can you stop Evolution 1.5.x/2.x running spamc
on each new message but still have access to the nice Evo front end to
sa-learn?

I *think* this will work but I really have no idea. You can definetely disable evo from using spamc, just not sure if that also disables sa-learn functionality.

Jeff