Re: [Evolution] Need some help (I Got IT!!!)

On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 15:54, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 09:48, D. D. Brierton wrote:
On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 15:28, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:

while the mailer hackers agree with you, we were overruled by the mass
of users who demanded this feature. So, this is pretty much moot.

But I thought Evolution 1.5.x/2.x just gave you a front-end to sa-learn?
In which case Evolution isn't implementing its own Bayesian filtering,
it's just giving you a nice interface to Spamassassin's Bayesian
filtering. Have I misunderstood how it works?

no, you're right. it just forks/execs sa-learn and spamc and whatever
else.

So, if like Tonni and me you have Spamassassin and Postfix already
working nicely together can you stop Evolution 1.5.x/2.x running spamc
on each new message but still have access to the nice Evo front end to
sa-learn? In other words Spamassassin 2.63 is already set up and working
nicely on my system with Evolution 1.4.6, but to train it on false
negatives (I've *never* had a false positive, yay Spamassassin!) I still
have to copy messages to a special folder and manually run

sa-learn --spam --mbox ~/evolution/local/sa-learn-spam/mbox

by hand from a terminal. (That's in Evolution 1.4.6.) Having a quick way
of doing that and have the message then automatically moved into the
Junk folder would be very sweet, and I can't see why Tonni or anyone
else would object to it.

Best, Darren

D. D. Brierton            darren dzr-web com          www.dzr-web.com