Re: [Evolution] Need some help (I Got IT!!!)

On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 08:10, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 07:10, Tony Earnshaw wrote:
ons, 31.03.2004 kl. 12.07 skrev guenther:
[...]
You can entirely disabling filtering through SpamAssassin in Evolution.
No one is forced to. IMHO it is a better approach in UN*X land to use
applications, that already exist and proved to work very well. SA does
for you. There is no need to implement a Bayesian filter for any mailer
out there.

This I don't understand. One of the strongest assets of SA is a Bayesian
filter.

I think you've misunderstood Guenther. He's not slamming Bayesian
filters, he's saying there's no need to implement one in the
mail client when there are several standalone implementations
out there.

while the mailer hackers agree with you, we were overruled by the mass
of users who demanded this feature. So, this is pretty much moot.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Stedfast
Evolution Hacker - Ximian, Inc.